India as a country has a large number of diversifying cultures and is still practicing. Despite being diversified we still live in unity. Still, in such countries issues of national Identity can be varied and leads to hateful narratives from one religion to another. After BJP (Bharatiya Janta Party) won the elections in the year 2014. A steep in the crimes against minority religions is noticed. The hate is not limited to day-to-day scenarios, but also on different social media sites, especially on Twitter and Facebook.
We have already covered many hate speech by various right-wingers like Yogi devnath, Naveen Kumar Jindal, etc. This time in our DFRAC Exclusive analysis we have mainly focused on some Facebook accounts and pages which are pro-right wingers and have started the page for spreading hate toward a specific religion.
Not only do they spread hate, but also instigate others to do the same and try to ruin the integrity of India.
Let’s dig deep into these accounts and see how they are spreading hate narratives.
- These Facebook accounts and pages are outraging the sentiments of the people from different religious groups by certain words which are either spoken or written or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise.
- A picture of a girl is shown studying under candlelight in comparison with a Christmas tree lit up in light during the Christian holy festival of Christmas.
- A comparison between the people of Sikh community is made while using the picture of famous Actor, Singer Diljeet Doshang and calling him Khalistani.
- The page is evidently calling the history of India fake as Mughals ruled over it, hence making people question their beliefs.
- In another post the page is calling people who preach Jesus, beggars.
- Being pro- RSS page it is trying to superiorizing one religion over the other.
- To showcase the hatred through such pages and accounts. Generally, an attack is made between different religious group, which if sufficiently hateful or extreme .It also attacks on the differnt group’s beliefs.
- Pictorial representation is used to distance one religion from other, also “abdul”name used in the picture directly tells us which religion the page is targeting to.
- Certain phrase and words are used like “Bulla” for “mulla”(Muslim Community) and “batua” for “katua” (a word used to abuse muslim community).
- Old tactics are used to give a whole scenario a mandir-madzid anoutlook, so it’s easy to play with the mind of people from different religious groups.
- Not only all was limited to instigating common people, but the page also targeted well known politicians in the form of mockery and used many derogatory words or sentences.
Such pictures degrade the social environment of the country with main motive to spoil the integrity of the country and ignite the sentiments of different groups of people.
In many above pictures we found that certain abusive words are used directly but indirectly by making certain changes in the spellings like mulla becomes bulla and katua becomes batua.
We too saw the hatred was not limited to commoners but included certain well known politicians too.