The intense clash began in the early hours of Wednesday, 13 September, when the army and police initiated a joint mission to track down terrorists in Kokernag.
Soon after the encounter, an image was shared with Multiple Claims about the recent loss of Indian soldiers at Anantnag, majorly by Pakistan operated accounts.
An account named , Air Operations Syndicate, shared an image with the caption,” Interesting details emerging regarding how Indian forces surrendered in the recent encounter in Anantnag.
It is still surprising that Indians who 24/7 boast about their military modernization still lack basic surveillance from UAVs and Quadcopters.”
Another account named The Strategic Syndicate (@SyndicatePSF) shared similar claims in the form of threads on twitter.
The claims made by these accounts are:
- Indian Forces Surrendered in the encounter.
- Col. & Major conducted the operation to hunt down and eliminate Kashmiris in hopes of promotion.
- Indian Army handed over Col Manpreet Singh, Major Ashish & DSP Humayun Bhat of J&K to Kashmiri fighters.
DFRAC checked the official accounts of Jammu and Kashmir police and The Chinar CORPS – Indian Army. From their official statements, we found the viral claim is fake and baseless.
The Chinar CORPS shared the details about the encounter. They informed, ”Op Garol, Based on specific intelligence on presence of terrorists a Joint Operation was launched by #IndianArmy & @JmuKmrPolice on the intervening night of 12-13 Sep in Area Garol, Anantnag. Contact established and firefight ensued. Two Army personnel and one J&K Police personnel injured. Operation in progress.”
Jammu and Kashmir Police also shared a tweet about the Encounter.
None of the accounts mentioned anything matching to the viral claim.
We also found NDTV’s Report that mentioned ,” An extensive search led to the conclusion that terrorists were in a hideout in the higher reaches of dense forest.
Col.Singh, Maj Dhonchak and DSP Himanyun Bhat suffered gunshot wounds during the fierce encounter and later died due to the injuries. “
- The Indian forces never surrendered in the encounter.
- The Army and J&K Police launched their joint search operation on the night of Sept 12-13 in search of terrorists & not kashmiris, in Garol village.
- There was no handing over of any Indian soldier or Police Personnel to the Kashmiris by the Indian defence authorities.
From the fact check it is evident that the claims by the Pakistan Accounts are absolutely Baseless and Fake. It’s merely an attempt to spread disinformation against the Indian Forces.